This masterclass will be an introduction to sausage making as taught by multi award winning Dublin butcher Shane Kerrigan and expert sausage maker Jonathan Collins.
Learn to produce your own handmade, fresh sausages ready for cooking using traditional Irish methods and techniques.
This is a hands-on sausage making class with our experts who will guide you through the sausage making process from start to finish using methods that have been mastered and practiced for generations.
Working with different cuts of meat, you’ll discover what makes great sausages, how to select the right cuts of meat for them and how to master the secret subtleties of seasoning.
Once complete, you will leave with the produce you have made throughout the day, as well as the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own fresh sausages full of flavour and succulence at home.
In this hands-on sausage making masterclass:
- Learn the history of the sausage, from their conception in ancient times to today.
- Learn the correct ways on how to prepare and process your meat, blend recipes and prepare and fill your casings successfully.
- You will get hands-on experience with sausage making machinery and supplies that are needed to produce quality fresh sausages simply and efficiently. The meat and the consumables will all be supplied for you.
- Discover ways to enhance the flavour of sausages.
- Learn to make venison, beef and pork sausages.
- Create your own homemade seasoning recipe which can be made with simple ingredients at home.
- We will professionally record and photograph the class- each student being emailed a short video from the event which can be shared on social media.
Class length: 3 hours (starting at 6.30pm)
Location: Kerrigan's Factory shop, Baldoyle.
Space: Limited to a maximum of 10 places.
Tea, coffee and nibbles is served before the class commences.
There is limited availability for this exclusive class.
See below for footage from our last Masterclass which featured pork as the theme.